Maytag Ranch was created to offer a fortunate few families the opportunity to own your own recreationally rich, authentic working Colorado mountain ranch without the hassle and expense of traditional ownership. Our cattle operation seeks to preserve our western tradition of natural grazing, healthy ecology, and family participation in the ranching lifestyle. We invite our owners to participate in this authentic working cattle ranch, built and managed with sustainable ranching practices to honor its heritage and protect its value. Our owners and their guests can become true cowhands that help work cattle or otherwise run the Ranch. This sets Maytag Ranch apart from other mountain properties in Colorado.
In return, our owners have access to a valuable, diverse and well thought out amenity package –
Here are some of the grand and quaint amenities Maytag life provides:
- Experienced, professional, hospitality oriented staff capable of assisting with requests both small and large
- Two picturesque, rustically elegant, fully furnished guest cabins Photos
- Large main lodge with commercial grade chef’s kitchen and a spacious great room, encompassing over 4,000 sf of entertaining area Photos
- Some of the finest fishing in southern Colorado through our Ranch controlled access to one of the best river miles on the famed 102 mile long Gold Medal Arkansas River
- Stocked Fishing ponds and improved streams
- A barn stall filled with recreational gear (fly fishing and spin casting gear, archery equipment, mountain bikes, etc)
- Well-trained Quarter Horses
- Fully outfitted Barn with stalls and runs
- A Round pen and riding arena perfect for teaching beginners or practicing your barrel racing
- Abundant Trophy Class Mule Deer, Elk, Pronghorn, and other wildlife
- Gourmet quality Grass-fed Red Angus cattle
- Contiguous access to millions of acres of US National Forest
and Wilderness Area
- Panoramic views of the Sangre de Cristo Range and Wet Mountains, with added views of the Seven Sisters Range, the Collegiate Peaks, and even Pike’s Peak
- A bountiful and diverse garden and orchard for those who wield a green thumb
- Farm fresh eggs from our free range Chickens
- Available catering options, ranging from deliciously prepared reheat meals for two for that care free weekend, to custom multi-course dinners for up to 100
- Our dynamic Maytag Mountaineer Program, designed to educate and reward kids from 4 to 84 about ranching and outdoor skills to help maximize their appreciation of all that Maytag and the region have to offer.
At Maytag Ranch, you are free to be as active (or inactive) as you desire. If you crave the outdoor Colorado lifestyle, Maytag Ranch has virtually limitless options. If you prefer quiet nights on your porch or in front of a fire or an afternoon in the garden, one can find that here as well.
Our concierge oriented staff members are committed to helping you maximize your enjoyment while at Maytag. Whether you are looking for dinner reservations, a stocked fridge prior to your arrival, a catered dinner for 40, arrangements for guided fishing or whitewater rafting on the Arkansas, or even an overnight horseback trip to one of the pristine lakes high in the National Forest, the Maytag staff can make your time on property the experiences that form lifelong memories.
To help improve outdoor skills for students of all ages, owners and guests can endeavor to become a Maytag Mountaineer. This program is intended to teach outdoor skills that can be used everyday while at Maytag and beyond. From whittling to horseback riding, from fly-fishing to marksmanship, from riding and roping to camping out, this program allows participants to earn their way collecting stamps as they learn the skills that helped tame this country almost 200 years prior.
Here are some of the various and diverse activities you can enjoy through your Maytag ownership:
- Hiking and walking
- Horseback riding
- Mountain Biking
- Camping (including overnight pack trips to alpine lakes)
- Cross-country skiing or snowshoeing
- Cattle roundup
- Wildflower and wildlife viewing
- Ranch Events: Branding, barbecues, barn dances, picnics, etc.
- Local Festivals and Events: rodeos, county fairs, whitewater, balloon and other festivals, wine tasting, etc.
- Improving various outdoor skills through our Maytag Mountaineer Program